Trusting in God’s Faithfulness
What a joy it is to pause, reflect, and gratefully praise God for his faithfulness. This year we have again seen God on the move in so many ways. We are awed and humbled by all He has accomplished.
2019 in highlights:
- This fall, Chronic Joy launched the PRAYER POND, extending a heartfelt invitation to our community to share prayer requests and to #PrayItForward for one another. Weeks later, Bettie Gilbert inked arms with us, accepting the position of Volunteer Prayer Coordinator. She writes weekly prayers for our community, prays over each request, reaches out with #PenToPaper love and encouragement whenever possible, and writes engaging posts several times a year.
- We also sensed a nudge from God to trademark both our name and logo. While this can be a daunting process, God graciously provided a donor, who covered the cost of getting us started. After an extraordinary and unexpected call from the US Patent Trademark Office, during which the trademark representative looked extensively at the Chronic Joy website, Pamela learned exactly what we needed to move forward. In short order, we received registered trademarks for both the name Chronic Joy and our two-ring logo. (You’ll notice the ® symbol showing up with each as we move into 2020).
- Our GIFT OF HOPE program, launched in 2016, provides individual FREE copies of Discovering Hope to those in need hope as they walk through the difficult days with chronic illness, has continued to make an impact around the world. To-date, we have shipped books to 13 countries (Kenya, Tunisia, Zambia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, Canada, Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, and Argentina), 46 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico.
- You are so important to us that we continued to send out #PenToPaper notes all year long. We were stunned when we realized that this year over 2000 cards and notes have made it into your mailboxes. We’d love to send you tangible expressions of hope. Please take a minute sign-up or to update your contact information. Click here.
Small actions of love are the very definition of humbly serving one another.
Chronic Joy® is grateful to God for His faithfulness, and for you, our amazing community. Our ministry focus is to sow seeds of hope, purpose, worth, and joy, to raise awareness of the impact of chronic illness on every aspect of life, to build community, and to provide faith-based educational resources for those affected by chronic physical and mental illness. As we place our resources and gifts – our loaves and fish – in the hands of our faithful Heavenly Father, we look forward with great anticipation to what He will do in 2020 and beyond.
We’ve been honored to learn how we’ve blessed you through our service and how you are blessing one another as you serve.
Serving One Another in Love.
Thank you so much for praying for me. You are such blessings. Thank you for sending me the card in the mail, what a blessing, and for reminding me of the woman with the lost coin and how she had HOPE and PURPOSE and WORTH. Thank you also for sending me some notecards to bless others. I love sending cards to others, so it was a double blessing … Card writing has taken a back burner this year with all I’ve had going on. I didn’t have the energy to do it. But I will get back into it — and will love using them.
This ministry inspired me to create a small group ministry in my church for chronic illness and caregivers. And now I’m in seminary!
I wanted to thank you and the Chronic Joy team for the thoughtful, encouraging and challenging Instagram images and quotes. They constantly act as a ‘touchstone’ to the eternal reality we rejoice in amidst the busy online and offline world. I have been blessed by them.
Free #PenToPaper Gift
#PenToPaper notes can be such a blessing – a gift to both sender and receiver! Through this small act of service, as we share a note of encouragement, an inspiring quote, a prayer, and/or the words of Scripture, own hearts are often cheered too.
It is our joy to offer you the gift of three beautiful, downloadable, printable Christmas stationery options, so you can share a bit hope, joy, and peace this season with those you know and love.
Together, let’s love and serve one another!
Your gift makes a BIG difference in the life of our community. #PenToPaper is so much more than mail. Each beautifully designed mailing includes:
- an inspiring image
- words of encouragement, blessing, prayer, and/or Scripture
- Chronic Joy educational resources
- special offerings
YOUR GIFT OF:
- One Precious Life ($4) will provide 1 #PenToPaper mailing to one precious member of our community.
- Three Wise Men ($12) will provide 3 encouraging #PenToPaper packets.
- Five Golden Rings ($20) will provide 5 inspiring mailings.
- Wise Men Squared ($36) will provide 9 insightful #PenToPaper packets.
- Christmas Day Blessing ($100) provide 25 #PenToPaper blessings.
- Gift of Forgiveness ($539) will provide 77×7 #PenToPaper mailings.