Trusting in God’s Faithfulness
What a joy it is to pause, reflect, and gratefully praise God for his faithfulness. Each year we reflect on the many ways we have seen God on the move. We are awed and humbled by all He has accomplished.
- Chronic Joy launched the PRAYER POND, extending a heartfelt invitation to our community to share prayer requests and to #PrayItForward for one another. Weeks later, Bettie Gilbert inked arms with us, accepting the position of Volunteer Prayer Coordinator and then more recently joined us as a board member. She writes weekly prayers for our community, prays over each request, reaches out with #PenToPaper love and encouragement whenever possible, and writes engaging posts several times a year.
- We also sensed a nudge from God to trademark both our name and logo. While this can be a daunting process, God graciously provided a donor, who covered the cost of getting us started. After an extraordinary and unexpected call from the US Patent Trademark Office, during which the trademark representative looked extensively at the Chronic Joy website, Pamela learned exactly what we needed to move forward. In short order, we received registered trademarks for both the name Chronic Joy and our two-ring logo.
- Our GIFT OF HOPE program, launched in 2016, provides individual FREE copies of Discovering Hope to those in need hope as they walk through the difficult days with chronic illness, has continued to make an impact around the world. To-date, we have shipped books to 13 countries (Kenya, Tunisia, Zambia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, Canada, Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, and Argentina), 46 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico.
- You are so important to us that we continued to send out #PenToPaper notes all year long. We were stunned when we realized that each year over 4000 cards and notes have made it into your mailboxes. We’d love to send you tangible expressions of hope. Please click here to sign-up or click here to update your contact information and choose all the posts that are relevant to you.
Small actions of love are the very definition of humbly serving one another.
Chronic Joy® is grateful to God for His faithfulness, and for you, our amazing community. Our ministry focus: We pray. We serve. We create. We give. And God ignites! When you pray, serve, create, or give to Chronic Joy, you speak hope and life to hearts around the world affected by chronic physical and mental illness.
As we place our resources and gifts – our loaves and fish – in the hands of our faithful Heavenly Father, we look forward with great anticipation to what He will do each year.
We’ve been honored to learn how we’ve blessed you through our service and how you are blessing one another as you serve.
Serving One Another in Love.
Thank you so much for praying for me. You are such blessings. Thank you for sending me the card in the mail, what a blessing, and for reminding me of the woman with the lost coin and how she had HOPE and PURPOSE and WORTH. Thank you also for sending me some notecards to bless others. I love sending cards to others, so it was a double blessing … Card writing has taken a back burner this year with all I’ve had going on. I didn’t have the energy to do it. But I will get back into it — and will love using them.
This ministry inspired me to create a small group ministry in my church for chronic illness and caregivers. And now I’m in seminary!
I wanted to thank you and the Chronic Joy team for the thoughtful, encouraging and challenging Instagram images and quotes. They constantly act as a ‘touchstone’ to the eternal reality we rejoice in amidst the busy online and offline world. I have been blessed by them.
Free #PenToPaper Gift
#PenToPaper notes can be such a blessing – a gift to both sender and receiver! Through this small act of service, as we share a note of encouragement, an inspiring quote, a prayer, and/or the words of Scripture, own hearts are often cheered too.
It is our joy to offer you the gift of three beautiful, downloadable, printable Christmas stationery options, so you can share a bit hope, joy, and peace this season with those you know and love.
Together, let’s love and serve one another!
Your gift makes a BIG difference in the life of our community. #PenToPaper is so much more than mail. Each beautifully designed mailing includes:
- an inspiring image
- words of encouragement, blessing, prayer, and/or Scripture
- Chronic Joy educational resources
- special offerings
GIVING DEEPENS COMMUNITY
When we each give what we have, together we are bolder, braver, and stronger.
God knows the heart behind our gifts. He sees our sacrifice. And He is delighted when we selflessly pour out for one another.
At Chronic Joy, we simply bring what we have, willing hearts and our simple loaves and fish, and God makes a way – every single day. In spite of illness. In spite of anxiety. In spite of daily pain. In spite of a spate of surgeries. In spite of overwhelming fatigue. In spite of all we don’t know and the skills we do not have.
In spite of our lack – or maybe precisely because of it – God makes a way, because Chronic Joy isn’t ours, it’s His.
From the beginning, many have sacrificially offered their hands, hearts, and gifts to this ministry:
- thousands of hours of donated time
- countless hours of prayer
- brainstorming, encouragement, and listening ears
- IT support and security
- database design and maintenance
- photography, videography, and graphic design
- willing hands to fold, stuff, stamp, and seal
- dozens of trips to the post office
- woodworking, interviews, and audio recordings
- financial gifts
- Chronic Joy has no paid staff
✨ WHEN YOU GIVE…
SPEAK LIFE to someone who needs to know they are thought of, cared about, and prayed for with a beautifully designed #PenToPaper, snail mail packet.
✨ WHEN YOU GIVE…
GIVE HOPE to someone who feels isolated, lonely, or forgotten about. Through you, Chronic Joy is able to provide the Gift of Hope free to those who ask.