Use Your Grace Gifts!
How has God gifted you? Where do you feel His gentle nudge to love one another? His Spirit’s tug to get involved? We are always #BetterTogether. Use your grace gifts! Get involved in Chronic Joy today.
WELCOME! WE’RE SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE!
At Chronic Joy, we believe every life is vital, precious, and purposed, created by God ‘s Hand and for His glory – every single one of us a treasured masterpiece, together, the Body of Christ on earth.
We also believe that we are always #BetterTogether. Life with chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability can be challenging and difficult navigate. That’s why we are called to live it together.
Use whatever gift you’ve received for the good of one another so that you can show yourselves to be good stewards of God’s grace in all its varieties. 1 Peter 4:10 VOICE
Jamie Ivey wrote, “Our gifts are given to us by God in order to serve those around us.”
There is no hierarchy of gifts, each is, instead, a single facet of the infinite grace of God woven into the DNA of His people. Together, we are the Body of Christ. Together, we reflect His glory and grace.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
WHAT ARE YOUR GRACE GIFTS?
How has God gifted you? Where do you feel His gentle nudge to love one another? His Spirit’s little tug to get involved?
ENGAGE YOUR GRACE GIFTS
1. INTENTIONAL KINDNESS...
...is love in action. Pass It On today by:
- Speaking an encouraging word
- Offering forgiveness to someone who hurt or wronged you
- Writing a review for your favorite restaurant, small group, or non-profit
2. GENEROSITY ...
...is a vibrant expression of Jesus living in and loving through us. Be generous with:
- your time
- your resources
- your unique skills, hobbies, or gifts
3. YOUR VOICE
Did you know that from the comfort of your own home, you can record audio tracks for Chronic Joy posts and page content?
Never underestimate the power of a simple text. In just minutes, you can give the gift of encouragement. Remind someone today that they are cared about, prayed for, and dearly loved.
The Prayer Pond is our safe harbor and a precious invitation from God. Today, we warmly invite you to spend a few minutes at the Prayer Pond where you can request prayer and also #PrayItForward for another.
6. WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
Brighten someone’s day with a free Chronic Joy Printable. More than 100 to choose from! Grab the link or download, print, and mail a Printable to a friend or loved one.
7. A HEART OF COMPASSION
The word compassion literally means to suffer with or to suffer together. Chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability can leave us feeling isolated and alone, but compassion begins In the Midst of Grief. Spend some time with the wonderful resources on this webpage and then check out our free printable, Verses to Comfort & Encourage.
Do you knit or crochet? Prayer shawls are blessings of community, kindness, comfort, and compassion, stitched with prayer and gifted to those who are struggling with illness, pain, anxiety, depression, loneliness, loss, or grief, as well as those who are hospitalized, recovering from surgery, or facing prolonged treatments. We offer free downloadable patterns for prayer shawls and face cloths.
Community is where we learn to “love one another deeply, from the heart” (1 Peter 1:22 NIV). What does that look like in everyday life? Start with Radical Community then download our 33 Biblical “One Anothers.”
When we each give what we have – willing hands, a skill, hobby, or knowledge, our voice, our time, prayer, or financial resources, together we are bolder, braver, and stronger, and together, God multiplies the impact one precious life at a time. How will you give today?
Becoming an accountability partner is a powerful Kingdom-building and community-cultivating gift. Step beyond the familiar framework with #StepRepPray and Megan Willome’s post, Workout Buddy and Prayer Partner.
13. ASK GENEROUS QUESTIONS
Asking generous questions takes courage, curiosity, and a gentle tenderness, but it also connects us in transformational ways. Need a little inspiration? We’ve got several free printables: Questions of Jesus, 76 Questions for Couples, and Ask Generous Questions.
14. OFFER A SMILE
15. DONATE A BOOK
16. WRITE A REVIEW
Write a review for your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, small business, Etsy shop, book, blog, podcast, radio show, or non-profit (like Chronic Joy).
17. SOCIAL MEDIA
Share your favorite Chronic Joy posts and spread a little compassion, hope, and joy on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Pinterest. Know someone who’s in need of a little encouragement? Tag them!
18. SHARE YOUR STORY
If you’ve ever thought about sharing your story, we’d love to help. Story Matters is filled with thoughtful questions and helpful tips to get you started. And if you need a little more inspiration, check out Build An Ebenezer.
19. LEAVE A THANK YOU NOTE
Thank your mail carrier, garbage collectors, health care professionals, or neighbors. Looking for a little gratitude kickstart? Download Discovering Gratitude.
20. INVITE A FRIEND...
...to be your Gratitude Buddy.
Author Kara Tippetts wrote, “Gratitude protects our hearts in the midst of suffering.” Link arms with a friend and text, message, or email each other one (or more) things you’re grateful each day. Need a little inspiration? Start with A Grateful Heart and 10,000 Reasons.
Dust off your grace gifts and let us know what you love to do and how you’d like to be involved – one time or on-going – from the comfort of your own home. Not sure how to get involved? Connect with Us! Tell us what you love to do, and we’ll brainstorm with you!
Host an in-person or virtual gathering of friends, neighbors, co-workers, your sport’s team, or small group, and:
- #StepRepPray – Run, walk, climb, bike, dance, swim, jump rope, or hula hoop in someone’s honor or for someone who can’t and let them know.
- Write #PenToPaper notes for those who need a little encouragement in your community or for the growing Chronic Joy community.
- Knit or crochet prayer shawls, face cloths, or bookmarks for our Kindness Boxes.
- Help Us Build Kindness Boxes – Invite participants to donate lotions, chocolates, candles, notepads, pens, and other small items to add to our Kindness Boxes
- Donate $5 – the cost of one fun-filled mailing for one precious child
- Donate $20 – the cost of return address labels for a mailing
- Donate $30 – the cost of flat cards for a mailing
- Donate $50 – the cost of address labels
- Donate $57 – the cost of 1000 envelopes for one mailing
- Donate $55 – the cost of one roll of stamps toward one mailing
- Donate $130 – the cost of 1500 stickers for children and tweens
24. PASS IT ON
- Do you know of a great book, blog, podcast? Let us know!
- Do you the parents or grandparents of a child, tween, or teen diagnosed with chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability? Let them know about our #PenToPaper program. (Sign-up for You Get Mail! Safe, secure, and free for all participants!)
YOU are our why, the reason we do what we do. We are always #BetterTogether!
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you. Colossians 1:3
In kindness [God] takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change. Romans 2:4 MSG
Hover over an image for a brief description.
SERVICE IN A BOX
PASS IT ON
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
VOICES OF CHRONIC JOY®
WRITE FOR US!
Creative Ways to Serve
Chronic illness can make serving in traditional or culturally familiar ways challenging, but not impossible. Discover creative new ways to love God and others right where you are, however you are able.
Identify Creative Ways to Get Involved
- What’s in your hand? What skills, hobbies, gifts, or abilities do you have or can you already do?
- What are you passionate about?
- Who can you pray for?
- Who can you encourage?
- When have you felt most deeply connected to God?
- Where did you find your greatest joy as a child?
- What brings you joy today?
- When do you sense God’s pleasure?
Creative Ways to Connect
Looking for creative ways to connect with others as you unpack the Chronic Joy studies? This FREE printable does just that and more!
We are wired for community, to love one another deeply from the heart, showing the remarkable kindness of God. Discover 24 creative ways to Pass It On.
Teach me to pass it on, Lord, to show kindness and thankfulness even when I'm overwhelmed. A little bit of God’s joy makes a big difference in a day.
Welcome to our July Newsletter! We are on a journey of discovery and we invite you to come along as we share new resources with you.
- Order a supply of Chronic Joy’s bookmarks and:
- Tuck them Little Free Library books in your town or neighborhood
- Slip them into library books ready to be returned
- Include them in #PenToPaper notes, cards, or letters
- Use them as decorative gift toppers
- Gift them to each member of your book club in honor of World Read Aloud Day (February 3), International Book Giving Day (February 14), or International Literacy Day (September 8)
- Gift them to your small group
- Surprise your neighbors or co-workers with them on World Kindness Day (November 13)
- Include them in retreat or conference swag bags
- Give them as thoughtful momentos to your church members for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day
- Use them as decorative place setting gifts at your next holiday gathering
Want to make a difference on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Pinterest? Do you have a half-an-hour a week? Get Involved! #PassItOn! Share a few of your favorite Chronic Joy posts each week and make a difference for those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
SPONSOR A LITTLE SONSHINE!
Sponsor a year of encouraging and engaging #PenToPaper mailings for a child, tween, or teen affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability, and infuse a bright ray hope and dark and difficult days.
START A SMALL GROUP
So many in the chronic illness community feel a deep sense of isolation and loneliness. We’re here to equip leaders to foster relationships, build community, and guide small groups for those impacted by chronic illness. LEARN MORE.
When you pray, serve, create, or give to Chronic Joy, you speak hope and life to hearts around the world affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability. LEARN MORE.
YOU GET MAIL!
We would love to bless you with inspiring images, encouraging words, and an opportunity to share a little #PenToPaper love with others. Sign up today to receive your own beautifully-designed, free, snail mail packets.
TEENS & YA • You Get Mail!
Teens and young adults, you're invited to sign up for #PenToPaper packets designed especially for you. Fun, edgy and transformational snail mail will wing its way to your mailbox several times a year. Sign up today, and invite a friend!
KiIDS & TWEENS
CJ Star and the Sonshine Squad want kids to know just how much they are loved by Jesus. Bright, engaging characters bring laughter, delight, and sunshine to an even difficult day. Parents SIGN UP your child (and their siblings) today. (Safe and secure.)
Sponsor A Little Sonshine!
Sunshine is sweet; it is good to see the light of day.
Ecclesiastes 11:7 NCV
Sunshine is sweet and the laughter of children is a delight. Did you know that Chronic Joy sends merry little packets filled with bright, colorful, pint-sized fun to our Children and Tweens several times a year?
#PenToPaper mailings wing their way across the United States and around the world, carrying CJ Star and his winsome pals, the Sonshine Squad (Calliope Cat, Fendi Fox, Floria Flamingo, Gilead Gecko, Henry Hedgehog, Liana Llama, Percy Puppy, Sachi Snail, Sammy Seal, and Simeon Sloth) encouraging our Littles and Tweens to be kind, be brave, keep praying, have fun, and try something new.
We invite you to Sponsor a Little Sonshine!
- Donate $5 – the cost of one fun-filled mailing for one precious Little
- Donate $20 – the cost of our return address labels
- Donate $30 – the cost of cheerful flat cards for one mailing
- Donate $50 – the cost of address labels for one year
- Donate $55 – the cost of one roll of stamps toward one mailing
- Donate $57 – the cost of 1000 envelopes
- Donate $130 – the cost of 1500 engaging stickers