Chronic Joy Giving
We pray. We serve. We create. We give — and God ignites!
When you pray, serve, create, or give to Chronic Joy, you speak hope and life to hearts around the world affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
PRAY. SERVE. CREATE. GIVE. IGNITE.
Prayer is the lifeblood of Chronic Joy – the root source of our mission and the strength of our days, a holy and sacred encounter with the One who knows and loves us completely.
As prayer draws us into deeper relationship with God and we are filled, He whispers His call to love one another right where we are, with whatever we have, one precious life at a time. This is our call to serve and our inspiration to create.
THE MINISTRY OF GIVING
Giving is an expression of our faith, of Christ living in us, our heart’s response to the stirring of His Spirit. We were created by the One who is lavishly and abundantly generous, the One who cannot be out-given, the One who sacrificed it all out of overwhelming love for us.
We love because God first loved us. We give because He first poured out for us.
In 2 Corinthians 9:11a, Paul writes, “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion …”
GENEROSITY IGNITES POSSIBILITY
Every dollar you give provides:
- more than a dozen programs for children, teens, young adults, and adults affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
- helpful programs for spouses, parents, caregivers, churches, and small group leaders
- hundreds of encouraging, accessible, and practical resources
- more than 100 encouraging printables
- thousands of stunning images
- content across a wide variety of platforms
• Juanita in Colorado
• Skylar in Florida
• Joy in England
• Terry in South Carolina
• Elyse in Iowa
• Leslie in Alaska
• Karin in Canada
• George in Kentucky
• Alison in Ireland
• John in Wisconsin
• Emily in Alabama
• Lisa in Finland
• Jo in Minnesota
• Emerson in Ohio
• Tanya in Vermont
• Jane in New Mexico
• Bill in Illinois
• Joanna in Scotland
• Claudia in Connecticut
• Monica in Arizona
• Quincy in California
And God ignites!
SPEAK LIFE. GIVE HOPE. IGNITE CHANGE.
God kindles the dream, whispers the call, and nourishes Chronic Joy through the sacrificial generosity of His people.
We invite you into the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy.
Today, will you:
- open your heart to serve one another in love?
- give the creative gifts of your hands, words, or voice?
- live generously, giving your two coins, sharing your loaves and fish, or breaking open your alabaster jar for the broken, the weary, the hurting, the hopeless?
Generosity is a vibrant and extraordinary expression of Jesus living in us and loving through us.
Today, will you step in and pour out to make a difference in someone else’s life — and in your own?
Chronic Joy is 501(c)3 non-profit run entirely by servant-hearted volunteers.
We have no paid staff, no facility costs, and we strive to be good stewards of every single-dollar. Your donations fuel this ministry, serving the chronic illness community, and extending hope to those who often feel lonely, isolated, and forgotten.
• In 2021, 100% of spent donations cultivated community by addressing key topics like: intentional kindness, being brave in the midst of illness, processing chronic grief, and wrapping people in prayer, both spiritually and literally with prayer shawls made by and for those in our community. Your generosity provided more than 4000 #PenToPaper packets to our mission field around the world, made our website more inclusive by adding an accessibility tool, and providing tools for processing emotions and expressing creativity.
• In 2020, 100% of spent donations funded four #PenToPaper mailings (Over 4000 packets of encouragement and educational materials were mailed across the United States and around the world.), we made strides toward becoming more inclusive and accessible through the addition of audio for many of our posts, we added many new free printable “how to” guides, and we created hundreds of free images.
• In 2019, 95% of spent donations grew our prayer ministry, fueled the development of the Prayer Pond, facilitated #PenToPaper mailings, and provided postage for thousands of beautiful notecards so our community could #PrayItForward and encourage others.
• In 2018, 82% of spent donations funded our 10 vital, key programs, continued to expand our prayer ministry, and purchased a much-needed computer to help us better serve our growing community.
• In 2017, 93% of spent donations made it possible to continue providing free Bible studies, and enabled us to launch the Gift of Community (which provides tools and resources for small group formation).
Every day, we bring what we have (willing hearts and our simple loaves and fish) and God makes a way — in spite of illness, in spite of anxiety, in spite of daily pain, in spite of a spate of surgeries, in spite of overwhelming fatigue, and in spite of all we don’t know and the skills we do not have. In spite of what we lack – or maybe precisely because of it – God makes a way, because Chronic Joy isn’t our ministry, it’s His.
We pray. We serve. We create. We give — and God ignites!
Generosity isn’t measured by the size of our gifts, but by the intentions of our heart. Giving from a grateful heart wells up and spills over to nourish and sustain others on this journey through life.
Give monthly donations and one-time gifts safely and securely through WePay.
Mail Your Gift to:
1015 Lemira Circle
Waukesha, WI 53188
PayPal Giving Fund:
100% of your one-time gift (no deductions, no fees) supports Chronic Joy.
Hover over an image to learn more.
What’s in Your Pocket?
Celebrate, Honor & Remember
Thank You for investing in the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy. Your gift speaks hope and ignites change one precious life at a time.
Whether we are asking for money or giving money we are drawn together by God, who is about to do a new thing through our collaboration …
Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous; teach me to serve You as You deserve; to give and not to count the cost.
God’s kingdom is the place of abundance where every generous act overflows its original bounds and becomes part of the unbounded grace of God at work in the world.
Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our minds.” Barbara BushGiving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our minds to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.
Together has been an important word as I’ve invested my time in the ministry of Chronic Joy for the past years. Each day is filled with much learning for both my ministry partner, Cindee, and me – much leaning and pressing into the Father. He is building this ministry brick-by-brick, and we sense His pleasure as we give whatever we’ve got.
Why do we generously give and serve with Chronic Joy? Because God called. And because the work He's called us to do is so desperately needed.