Here’s what you need to know:
Chronic Joy Ministry is a chronic illness ministry built on a foundation of hope, purpose, worth and joy in Jesus Christ. Community and story are as vital to this ministry as food and water.
We accept submissions on any facet of life with chronic illness:
- Social activities
- And more
General Submission Guidelines:
- Posts should be approximately 500 – 600 words in length.
- Please submit Word documents only.
- Include your name, a brief (1-2 sentence) author bio, a headshot, and a link to your blog or website if applicable.
- If you quote scripture in your post, please include the reference and translation.
- The predominant tone of posts should be compassionate, understanding and empathetic – sharing a story rather than teaching a lesson.
- Please be honest as you wrestle with the issues and emotions of a life lived with chronic illness. It’s OK to include the hard topics and difficult emotions.
- Don’t feel you need to wrap up a hard topic with a happy ending, but offer your readers an opportunity to lean toward hope.
- If your post has been previously published, please let us know when and where.
- We reserve the right to edit accepted submissions.
- If accepted, we will contact you when your post is scheduled for publication.
- We are unable to offer compensation for accepted posts.
- We do not accept submissions about specific medical treatments or medications, specific products or services, or specific healthcare providers.
If you’d like to submit, but can’t quite figure out where to begin, these questions might help.
- What is your typical day like?
- What was your life like before illness?
- How are you different today?
- What are the most challenging parts of your life?
- What losses have been most significant?
- What has been your lowest point?
- If you could have one thing back, what would it be? Why?
- How are your relationships impacted by illness?
- How have your expectations of yourself and others changed?
- How has your walk with God changed in the midst of illness?
- When/how/where have you found hope?
- In what ways have you experienced God’s grace in your illness?
- How do you celebrate the small victories?
- What is the most unexpected blessing of illness?
- What character qualities have gained through illness?
- What does courage look like to you?
- What does strength look like in illness?
- What is the most important thing you wish others knew about illness?
- If you could sum up illness in five words, what would they be?
- What encouragement can you offer someone walking through illness?
- What are some circumstances in your life others can relate to?
- How do you handle pain and disappointment?
- How has God used your weaknesses and turned them into strengths?
- What is the biggest impact of illness in your life?
- Contrast who you were before illness with who you are now.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.