Write for Us!
Here’s what you need to know:
Chronic Joy® is a chronic illness ministry built on a foundation of hope, purpose, worth and joy in Jesus Christ. Community and story are as vital to this ministry as food and water.
Stories are vital to community. They are how we connect and learn about who we are, why we’re here and how we belong. Story preserves history and elicits laughter. It plunges us to the depths of ourselves and sets us soaring the skies. Story is the tale of our lives. And it matters. For story is where hope begins. As we write down the stories of our lives, perspective shifts, and we begin to see from a distance what we were unable to see in the moment.
We accept submissions on any facet of life with chronic illness:
- Social activities
- And more
General Submission Guidelines:
- Posts should be approximately 500 – 1000 words in length.
- Poetry should not exceed 300 words.
- Please submit Word documents only.
- Include your name and mailing address.
- Provide an autobiographical paragraph, headshot, and any links to your blog, website and/or social media that you’d like included.
- Complete the Release Form.
- Please include the reference and translation when quoting Scripture.
- Posts should be compassionate, understanding and empathetic (ie: sharing a story rather than teaching a lesson).
- Please be honest as you wrestle with the issues and emotions of a life lived with chronic illness. It’s OK to include the hard topics and difficult emotions.
- Don’t feel you need to wrap up a hard topic with a happy ending, but offer your readers an opportunity to lean toward hope.
- If your post has been previously published, please let us know when and where.
- We reserve the right to edit accepted submissions.
- If accepted, we will contact you letting you know that your post will be scheduled for publication.
- We do not offer compensation.
- We do not accept fiction or book reviews.
- We do not accept submissions about specific medical treatments or medications, products, services or apps, or healthcare providers.
If you’d like to submit, but can’t quite figure out where to begin, these questions might help.
- What is your typical day like?
- What was your life like before illness?
- How are you different today?
- What are the most challenging parts of your life?
- What losses have been most significant?
- What has been your lowest point?
- If you could have one thing back, what would it be? Why?
- How are your relationships impacted by illness?
- How have your expectations of yourself and others changed?
- How has your walk with God changed in the midst of illness?
- When/how/where have you found hope?
- In what ways have you experienced God’s grace in your illness?
- How do you celebrate the small victories?
- What is the most unexpected blessing of illness?
- What character qualities have gained through illness?
- What does courage look like to you?
- What does strength look like in illness?
- What is the most important thing you wish others knew about illness?
- If you could sum up illness in five words, what would they be?
- What encouragement can you offer someone walking through illness?
- What are some circumstances in your life others can relate to?
- How do you handle pain and disappointment?
- How has God used your weaknesses and turned them into strengths?
- What is the biggest impact of illness in your life?
- Contrast who you were before illness with who you are now.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.