OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Radical hope. Compassionate change. Equipping those affected by chronic physical and mental illness through community and education rooted in Jesus Christ.
Chronic Joy Ministry offers awareness materials for chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers, which highlight the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life -marriage, family, faith, finances, friendships, education, hobbies, and work.
FREE printable Fact Sheets create awareness, grow knowledge and support education in a quick and easy format with those in your sphere of influence – friends, family, churches, small group communities, co-workers, and neighbors.
Chronic illness affects nearly 1 in 2 people – approximately 155 million people in the United States alone – almost half of the world’s population. It impacts every aspect of life – marriage, family, faith, finances, friendships, education, hobbies and work. Chronic illness is hard, but there is hope.
Mental illness impacts 1 in 5 adults – approximately 43.8 million adults in the United States alone. And half of chronic mental illness begins by age 14.
Caregivers – More than 65 million people provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member. And 4 in 10 people spend an average of 24 hours per week caring for a loved one.
- GIFT OF HOPE
- Providing FREE copies of DISCOVERING HOPE
- GIFT OF COMMUNITY (Chronic Joy THRIVE Small Groups)
- Support and FREE Materials for the development of small groups
- LEADERSHIP / FACILITATOR DEVELOPMENT
- Providing resources for the development of small group facilitators
- Grace, Truth & Time: Facilitating Small Groups that Thrive along with a host of other materials.
- LITTLE FREE LIBRARIES
- Build relationships with Little Free Library owners across the United States to provide FREE copies of Discovering Hope to place in the Little Lending Library with “Please take me home. I’m yours to keep.” labels inside the cover.
- Opportunity for group/organization service project to place copies in 15+local Little Free Libraries
- WRITING THE STORY OF YOUR ILLNESS
- We can feel isolated and powerless when living with chronic illness, but what if your story begins to bridge those barriers? What if your story begins a conversation?
- A free printable guide can help you write your story and invites you to submit it for publication on our website.
- DID YOU KNOW? Awareness Campaign
- FREE printable Fact Sheets create awareness, grow knowledge and support education in a quick and easy format with those in your sphere of influence – friends, family, churches, small group communities, co-workers and neighbors.
- FREE Notecards – To encourage the old school practice of hand-writing notes of support, encouragement and prayer. Set of 2 with envelopes. Options include Sharing Life – Discovering Hope notecards or Scripture notecards.
- FREE Praying for You postcards – This set of 4 postcards provide a tangible way of letting those on your prayer list know that you offering prayers for them. (Coming Soon!)
- CONTRIBUTING PARTNERS
- Opportunities for those with specific gifts and talents to invest their time, skill and creativity in Chronic Joy Ministry.
- MINISTRY PARTNERS
- Mutually beneficial partnerships between Chronic Joy Ministry and other groups/organizations/missions/non-profits
- Join in the movement of Chronic Joy and with each step or rep, pray for those God lays on your heart.
- MINISTRY TO CHILDREN
- FREE Notecards – Specially designed notecards to send a note of encouragement to a child affected by chronic illness.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- FAITH BASED RESOURCES for Chronic Illness, Caregivers, Mental Illness, Marriage, Parenting, and Small Group Leaders
- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- DISCOVERING HOPE: Beginning the Journey Toward Hope in Chronic Illness and FINDING PURPOSE: Rediscovering Meaning in a Life with Chronic Illness – the first two books in the Chronic Joy THRIVE Series.
- AVAILABILITY TO SPEAK to your small group, church or organization.
WHO WE ARE:
- 501(c)3 non-profit – find us on GuideStar
- Meet our Board of Directors
- Watch our Introduction Video
- Watch our PSA on TBN
- Write for us
- Connect with us email@example.com
- Give to further the important work of Chronic Joy Ministry, Inc.
PAMELA PIQUETTE, President and Co-Founder, is a wife of more than 30 years, mom of three adult children, two who are married, and has two sweet baby granddaughters. She enjoys hot tea, walking her Teddy Bear dog named Cocoa and reading – almost always more than one book at a time.
Pamela has Ehlers-Danlos, fibromyalgia and chronic migraines.
CINDEE SNIDER RE, Co-Founder, is wife of 25 years to the man she loves most in this world, mama of five world-shaking creatives (ages 16-24), author, photographer, craver of quiet, lover of cotton, denim, Jesus and tea.
Cindee and four of her five kids have Ehlers-Danlos and myriad co-existing conditions.