WELCOME TO CHRONIC JOY!
Chronic Joy is a global resource ministry dedicated to compassionately serving all those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability by providing accessible, easy-to-use, faith-based, educational tools and resources.
We believe every life is precious, vital, and eternally purposed. Without even one, the Body of Christ is incomplete.
How is Chronic Joy relevant to you? Did you know that:
- 60% of the world’s population lives with one or more chronic illnesses
- 1 in 5 adults lives with mental illness
- 1 in 5 people is a caregiver for a loved one
- 42% of children lives with one or more chronic illnesses
- Every 40 seconds, we lose one precious life to suicide
Throughout the year we create mailings for: Children & Tweens, Teens & Young Adults, and Adults, shipping packets across the US and around the world, completely free of charge. Each mailing includes two blank-back flat cards for recipients to use to encourage others, spreading ripples of #PenToPaper encouragement far and wide.
Chronic Joy is a 100% volunteer-run, 501(c)3, non-profit offering: 9 global resource programs, more than 100 pages of web content, 100+ free printables, 5 study books, hundreds of audio blogs, creative ways to give and serve, and exciting opportunities to get involved.
Pour yourself a fresh cup of tea, pull up a comfy chair, and explore all Chronic Joy has to offer. Know someone who would be blessed by Chronic Joy? #PassItOn, because together, we are always better!
Chronic Joy offers awareness materials for chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers. These highlight the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life – faith, family, finances, friendships, education, hobbies, employment, and marriage.
FREE printable Fact Sheets: Create awareness, increase knowledge and support education in a quick and easy format. Share them with those in your sphere of influence: friends, family, churches, small groups, co-workers and neighbors.
Chronic illness – More than half of the world’s people are affected by chronic illness (60%). 96% of those illnesses are invisible, significantly impairing daily activities yet showing few outward signs.
WHO WE ARE ABOUT CHRONIC JOY®
- 501(c)3 non-profit – find us on GuideStar. Click here to view our report.
- Who We Are & What We Do – Printable Brochure
- Chronic Joy Programs – Printable Brochure
- Annual Report – Printable
- Meet our Leadership.
- Watch our Introduction Video.
- Read our Statement of Faith.
- Write for Us
- Join us in our mission. View our Licensing Agreement.
- Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give to further the important work of Chronic Joy.
K-LOVE Radio Interview
Join Chronic Joy's Pamela Piquette and Susan Rodriguez, a licensed clinical social worker at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, as they are interviewed by K-LOVE Radio’s Billie Branham on Closer Look: “Living with Chronic Illness? Advice for Faith and Family.”
Just Between Us Magazine
Shelly Esser, Executive Editor of Just Between Us, a quarterly print magazine that focuses on encouraging and equipping women around the world for a life of faith, interviewed Pamela Piquette and Cindee Snider Re, co-founders of Chronic Joy for the feature article, “Finding Joy Even in Chronic Illness.”
WHAT WE OFFER
ABOUT CHRONIC JOY®
As a global resource ministry dedicated to compassionately serving all those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability, we are committed to our core values:
Raising awareness about chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers, as well as highlighting the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life (faith, family, finances, friendships, education, hobbies, employment and marriage) is of primary importance.
Prayer, service, creativity, movement, and generosity are hallmarks of radical community, a slow and intentional work that takes time and courage. There are vital opportunities for you to join in the movement and growth of Chronic Joy.
Providing aceesible, easy-to-use, faith-based educational materials through:
- Resources for chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers, parents, children, teens, young adults, leaders, and churches.
- More than 100 webpages filled with faith-based, thoughtfully developed, and deeply meaningful content.
- A comprehensive and growing library of curated books.
- 300+ audio blogs and counting.
- Chronic Joy Study Series designed specifically for those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, and/or chronic pain.
- 100+ free printables with more great content on the way!
- An extensive collection of free, high-res, faith-based images available for immediate download.
- A dozen guest posts every month bursting with encouraging, hope-filled, and inspirational stories.
Prayer is the heartbeat of Chronic Joy®.
We are grateful to those individuals and organizations who donate their skills, gifts, time and talents. Each one helps to further the work of the ministry. We extend a warm invitation to learn more about how you can GET INVOLVED.
Click on an image to learn more.
Use Your Grace Gifts!
Write For Us!
Are you passionate about story-telling?
Pass It On → Kindness
Making the Journey Easier for All of Us
Voices of Chronic Joy
Real Voices Enriching Precious Lives
Cultivate. Strengthen. Build. It’s all about relationship.
Volunteer with Us
What are your grace gifts?
Creative Expression Across the Arts
Executive Director and Co-Founder of Chronic Joy®
Pamela, a leader and a visionary following God's call to inspire those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, and chronic pain, believes that every precious life affected by illness is both vital and purposed.
Pamela is the mom of three married children, a grandma of four, and a wife of more than 30 years. She is diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos, chronic migraines, and a host of other chronic conditions. She enjoys hot tea, reading, and walking her teddy bear dog, Cocoa.
Cindee Snider Re
Author, Photographer, and Co-Founder at Chronic Joy®
Cindee is wife of the man she loves most in this world, mama of five world-shaking creatives (19-27), author of Discovering Hope, Finding Purpose, Embracing Worth, and I Take You in Sickness and in Health, photographer, craver of quiet, lover of cotton, denim, Jesus and tea, and co-founder of Chronic Joy®. Cindee and four of her five kids have Ehlers-Danlos, dysautonomia, intractable migraine, and myriad co-existing conditions through which they're learning the deeper the valley, the greater their capacity for joy.
OUR STORY • WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
ABOUT CHRONIC JOY®
AN INCONVENIENT FRIENDSHIP
Ours is a story both just beginning and decades in the making.
(9 minute length)