OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Thrive in a life with chronic illness.
Living with chronic physical and/or mental illness is hard. You are invited to experience radical hope and compassionate change as you are equipped through community and education rooted in Jesus Christ.
Chronic Joy offers awareness materials for chronic illness, mental illness and caregivers, which highlight the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life – faith, family, finances, friendships, education, hobbies, employment, and marriage.
FREE printable Fact Sheets: Create awareness, increase knowledge and support education in a quick and easy format by sharing with those in your sphere of influence – friends, family, churches, small groups, co-workers and neighbors.
Chronic illness affects 60% of people – approximately 155 million people in the United States alone – more than half of the world’s population. Invisible illness characterizes approximately 96% of those with chronic illness.
WHO WE ARE
- 501(c)3 non-profit – find us on GuideStar
- Who We Are & What We Do – Printable Brochure
- Chronic Joy Programs – Printable Brochure
- Meet our Leadership
- Watch our Introduction Video
- Read our Statement of Faith
- Write for us
- Join us in our mission. View our Licensing Agreement
- Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give to further the important work of Chronic Joy Ministry
We were featured in Just Between Us magazine. Read our interview HERE.
We also shared a message at Oakwood Church. You can watch the video below.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a wide variety of programs to meet the needs of all those affected by chronic physical and mental illness. We are committed to our core values:
Prayer: Prayer is the heartbeat and foundation of Chronic Joy. We know that whether a request, praise, lament, suffering, loss, hope, grief, or joy, each prayer ripples far beyond this day and the boundaries of our world.
Awareness: Raising awareness – through print and online resources – of the significant impact of chronic illness on every aspect of life.
Community: Extending the invitation to community through sharing your story, materials for small groups, a wide-range of service ideas and vital opportunities to join in the movement and growth of Chronic Joy.
Education: Providing faith-based educational materials through our website, Bible studies and free printables.
- THRIVE BIBLE STUDY SERIES: Discovering Hope, Finding Purpose, Embracing Worth, Encountering Joy (coming soon)
- ABIDE BIBLE STUDY SERIES: I Take You in Sickness & Health
- COMPANION RESOURCE: Grace, Truth & Time: Facilitating Small Groups That Thrive
- DAILY ENCOURAGEMENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- AVAILABILITY TO SPEAK to your small group, church or organization
We are grateful to those individuals and organizations who donate their skills, gifts, time and talents to further the work of the ministry.
PAMELA PIQUETTE, Executive Director and Co-Founder
is a wife of more than 30 years, mom of three adult children and grandmother of three adorable grandchildren. She enjoys hot tea, walking her Teddy Bear dog named Cocoa, and reading – almost always more than one book at a time.
Pamela has Ehlers-Danlos, chronic migraines and a host of other conditions.
CINDEE SNIDER RE, Author, Photographer, and Co-Founder,
is wife of 26 years to the man she loves most in this world, mama of five world-shaking creatives (ages 18-26), author, photographer, craver of quiet, lover of cotton, denim, Jesus and tea.
Cindee and four of her five kids have Ehlers-Danlos and myriad co-existing conditions.
AN INCONVENIENT FRIENDSHIP
Ours is a story both just beginning and decades in the making.
(9 minute length)