But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today.”
WAYS TO #CONNECTBYTEXT
Even though we may not be able to visit in person because of chronic illness, there are many easy ways to offer a virtual smile, a nugget of hope, and to bless others right where we are. Some in our community regularly message, email, or text encouragement to others. It takes just a minute to send a text, reminding others they are cared about and prayed for. Today, take a minute and #ConnectByText, and send someone a much-needed virtual hug. Brighten someone’s day and lift your spirit too.
TIPS FOR TEXTING THOSE WHO ARE STRUGGLING
- Keep it short. Those who are hurting can have trouble processing information, but they can easily digest a short message.
- Don’t expect a response. Those who are struggling might not have the energy to respond, but that doesn’t mean your text didn’t mean the world to them.
- Write from your heart. You don’t have to craft the perfect text, just be honest and share a little love.
Visit the #ConnectByText page for great FREE tools and resources.
1. #ConnectByText with Prayer
Sometimes all we need to get us started are a few words. Include these short prayers in a notecard or email, or send them in a message or text to a friend or loved one.
- Sometimes all we need to get us started are a few words. Include these short prayers in a notecard or email, or send them in a message or text to a friend or loved one.
- Thinking of and praying for you today.
- God placed you on my heart today. I’m praying for you.
- God will sustain you. He will not let you be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)
- God began a good work in you and He will complete it. (Philippians 1:6)
- You are so loved!
2. #ConnectByText with Pictures
We have 1000s of images available for FREE, instant download. No sign-ups. No waiting. Just scroll through our photos, find an image you love, click, and download. That’s it!
Click here and check out Chronic Joy’s photos.
Then text, email, or message the image to a friend or loved one, or share it online in your social media feeds.
3. #ConnectByText with Teens and Young Adults
- I love your enthusiasm for life!
- Hang in there! Keep on trusting God. (Isa. 40:29-31)
- You’re one of my favorite people!
- I’m so proud of you!
- I’m so thankful for you!
4. #ConnectByText with Your Spouse
- I’m so grateful I get to do life with you!
- I love you and I’m praying for you right now.
- Thank you for loving me even when I’m not very lovable.
- Your smile brightens my day.
- No matter how you feel about yourself today, I think you’re incredible.