Chronic Joy Giving
We pray. We serve. We create. We give — and God ignites!
When you pray, serve, create, or give to Chronic Joy, you speak hope and life to hearts around the world affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
ABOUT CHRONIC JOY GIVING
GENEROSITY IGNITES POSSIBILITY
Every dollar you give provides:
- more than a dozen programs for children, teens, young adults, and adults affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
- helpful programs for spouses, parents, caregivers, churches, and small group leaders
- hundreds of encouraging, accessible, and practical resources
- more than 100 encouraging printables
- thousands of stunning images
- content across a wide variety of platforms
GENEROSITY SPEAKS HOPE
When you pray, serve, create, or give, you speak hope to hearts around the world affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
• Juanita in Colorado
• Skylar in Florida
• Joy in England
• Terry in South Carolina
• Elyse in Iowa
• Leslie in Alaska
• Karin in Canada
• George in Kentucky
• Alison in Ireland
• John in Wisconsin
• Emily in Alabama
• Lisa in Finland
• Jo in Minnesota
• Emerson in Ohio
• Tanya in Vermont
• Jane in New Mexico
• Bill in Illinois
• Joanna in Scotland
• Claudia in Connecticut
• Monica in Arizona
• Quincy in California
The testimonials from those we serve continue to fuel our hearts and hands to broaden our reach, inviting those who feel isolated, alone, and/or forgotten into radical community.
A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. Steve Maraboli
And God ignites!
SPEAK LIFE. GIVE HOPE. IGNITE CHANGE.
God kindles the dream, whispers the call, and nourishes Chronic Joy through the sacrificial generosity of His people.
We invite you into the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy.
Today, will you:
- open your heart to serve one another in love?
- give the creative gifts of your hands, words, or voice?
- live generously, giving your two coins, sharing your loaves and fish, or breaking open your alabaster jar for the broken, the weary, the hurting, the hopeless?
Generosity is a vibrant and extraordinary expression of Jesus living in us and loving through us.
Today, will you step in and pour out to make a difference in someone else’s life — and in your own?
Chronic Joy is 501(c)3 non-profit run entirely by servant-hearted volunteers.
We have no paid staff, no facility costs, and we strive to be good stewards of every single-dollar. Your donations fuel this ministry, serving the chronic illness community, and extending hope to those who often feel lonely, isolated, and forgotten.
• In 2022, 100% of donations fueled key community-building initiatives for adults, teens, and children. We expanded the scope of Chronic Joy Publishing to include studies, devotionals, and devotional memoirs. We purchased a machine to fold all of the guides included in every envelope, which has delighted us more than you can imagine. Your generosity provided more than 6500 #PenToPaper packets as part of our global You Get Mail! program, including celebrating 634 birthdays.
• In 2021, 100% of spent donations cultivated community by addressing key topics like: intentional kindness, being brave in the midst of illness, processing chronic grief, and wrapping people in prayer, both spiritually and literally with prayer shawls made by and for those in our community. Your generosity provided more than 4000 #PenToPaper packets to our mission field around the world, made our website more inclusive by adding an accessibility tool, and providing tools for processing emotions and expressing creativity.
• In 2020, 100% of spent donations funded four #PenToPaper mailings (Over 4000 packets of encouragement and educational materials were mailed across the United States and around the world.), we made strides toward becoming more inclusive and accessible through the addition of audio for many of our posts, we added many new free printable “how to” guides, and we created hundreds of free images.
• In 2019, 95% of spent donations grew our prayer ministry, fueled the development of the Prayer Pond, facilitated #PenToPaper mailings, and provided postage for thousands of beautiful notecards so our community could #PrayItForward and encourage others.
• In 2018, 82% of spent donations funded our 10 vital, key programs, continued to expand our prayer ministry, and purchased a much-needed computer to help us better serve our growing community.
• In 2017, 93% of spent donations made it possible to continue providing free Bible studies, and enabled us to launch the Gift of Community (which provides tools and resources for small group formation).
• In 2016, 76% of spent donations were invested in the lives of those we serve, facilitating the Gift of Hope to 1,000 precious lives. It was a Remarkable Year.
Every day, we bring what we have (willing hearts and our simple loaves and fish) and God makes a way — in spite of illness, in spite of anxiety, in spite of daily pain, in spite of a spate of surgeries, in spite of overwhelming fatigue, and in spite of all we don’t know and the skills we do not have. In spite of what we lack – or maybe precisely because of it – God makes a way, because Chronic Joy isn’t our ministry, it’s His.
We pray. We serve. We create. We give — and God ignites!
Generosity isn’t measured by the size of our gifts, but by the intentions of our heart. Giving from a grateful heart wells up and spills over to nourish and sustain others on this journey through life.
Chronic Joy is a Platinum Seal recipient for financial transparency at GuideStar. View our profile and full report.
Go, Stay and Give
Together has been an important word as I’ve invested my time in the ministry of Chronic Joy for the past years. Each day is filled with much learning for both my ministry partner, Cindee, and me – much leaning and pressing into the Father. He is building this ministry brick-by-brick, and we sense His pleasure as we give whatever we’ve got.
Join Hands, Fill Up, Pour Out
Why do we generously give and serve with Chronic Joy? Because God called. And because the work He's called us to do is so desperately needed.
Thank You for investing in the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy. Your gift speaks hope and ignites change one precious life at a time.