Use Your Grace Gifts!
How has God gifted you? Where do you feel His gentle nudge to love one another? His Spirit’s tug to get involved? We are always #BetterTogether. Use your grace gifts! Get involved in Chronic Joy today.
WELCOME! WE’RE SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE!
At Chronic Joy, we believe every life is vital, precious, and purposed, created by God‘s hand and for His glory – every single one of us is a treasured masterpiece. Together, we are the Body of Christ on earth.
We also believe that we are always #BetterTogether. Life with chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability can be challenging and difficult to navigate. That’s why we are called to live it together.
Use whatever gift you’ve received for the good of one another so that you can show yourselves to be good stewards of God’s grace in all its varieties.
(1 Peter 4:10)
Jamie Ivey wrote, “Our gifts are given to us by God in order to serve those around us.”
There is no hierarchy of gifts. Instead, each is a single facet of the infinite grace of God woven into the DNA of His people. Together, we are the Body of Christ. Together, we reflect His glory and grace.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
WHAT ARE YOUR GRACE GIFTS?
How has God gifted you? Where do you feel His gentle nudge to love one another — His Spirit’s little tug to get involved?
- What’s in your hand? What skills, hobbies, gifts, or abilities do you have or can you already do?
- What are you passionate about?
- Who can you pray for?
- Who can you encourage?
- When have you felt most deeply connected to God?
- Where did you find your greatest joy as a child?
- What brings you joy today?
- When do you sense God’s pleasure?
What are Your Grace Gifts?
How has God gifted you? Where do you feel His gentle nudge to love one another or the Spirit's tug to get involved? A grace gift is a beautiful Holy Spirit-inspired act of ministry that works in harmony with the gifts given to the whole Body of Christ.
Creative Ways to Serve
Chronic illness can make serving in traditional or culturally familiar ways challenging – but not impossible. Discover creative new ways to love God and others right where you are, however you are able.
Creative Ways to Use Chronic Joy Posts & Publications
Talking about the impact of chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability on our lives can be incredibly difficult. Sometimes we’re not sure what we think or how we feel, either for ourselves or for our friends or loved ones.
ENGAGE YOUR GRACE GIFTS
1. INTENTIONAL KINDNESS...
...is love in action. Pass It On today by:
- speaking an encouraging word
- offering forgiveness to someone who hurt or wronged you
- writing a review for your favorite restaurant, small group, or non-profit
- purchasing our Service in a Box - Touch of Kindness to spread kindness far and wide
...is a vibrant expression of Jesus living in and loving through us. Be generous with your:
- unique skills, hobbies, or gifts
3. YOUR VOICE
Did you know that from the comfort of your own home, you can record audio tracks for Chronic Joy posts or page content?
Never underestimate the power of a simple text. In just minutes, you can give the gift of encouragement. Remind someone today that they are cared about, prayed for, and dearly loved.
The Prayer Pond is our safe harbor and a precious invitation from God. Today, we warmly invite you to spend a few minutes at the Prayer Pond where you can request prayer and also #PrayItForward for another. Our beautiful Make Your Life a Prayer flat cards make it easy to send prayer notes to friends and loved ones.
Brighten someone’s day with a free Chronic Joy Printable (There are more than 100 to choose from!). Grab the link or download, print, and mail a Printable to a friend or loved one.
The word compassion literally means to suffer with or to suffer together. Chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability can leave us feeling isolated and alone, but compassion begins In the Midst of Grief. Spend some time with the wonderful resources on this webpage and then check out our free printable: Verses to Comfort & Encourage.
Do you knit or crochet? Prayer shawls are blessings of community, kindness, comfort, and compassion, stitched with prayer and gifted to those who are struggling with illness, pain, anxiety, depression, loneliness, loss, or grief, as well as those who are hospitalized, recovering from surgery, or facing prolonged treatments. We offer free downloadable patterns for prayer shawls and face cloths.
Community is where we learn to “love one another deeply, from the heart” (1 Peter 1:22). What does that look like in everyday life? Start with Radical Community then download our 33 Biblical “One Anothers.”
10. WHAT'S IN YOUR POCKET?
When we each give what we have (willing hands, a skill, our hobby, knowledge, our voice, our time, prayer, or financial resources), we are bolder, braver, and stronger together – and together, God multiplies the impact one precious life at a time. How will you give today?
“Forgiveness,” writes Pastor Laurie Brenner, “is an essential ingredient for joy.” Not sure how to strengthen your forgiveness muscle? Our Ministry of Reconciliation printable is a great first step! If there are difficult relationships for which you are struggling to find words, our free printable provides an easy step in.
Becoming an accountability partner is a powerful Kingdom-building and community-cultivating gift. Step beyond the familiar framework with #StepRepPray and Megan Willome’s post, Workout Buddy and Prayer Partner.
13. ASK GENEROUS QUESTIONS
Asking generous questions takes courage, curiosity, and gentle tenderness, but it also connects us in transformational ways. Need a little inspiration? We’ve got several free printables: Questions of Jesus, 76 Questions for Couples, and Ask Generous Questions.
14. OFFER A SMILE
15. DONATE A BOOK
16. WRITE A REVIEW
Write a review for your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, small business, Etsy shop, book, blog, podcast, radio show, or non-profit (like Chronic Joy).
17. SOCIAL MEDIA
Share your favorite Chronic Joy posts and spread a little compassion, hope, and joy on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Pinterest. Know someone who’s in need of a little encouragement? Tag them!
18. SHARE YOUR STORY
If you’ve ever thought about sharing your story, we’d love to help. Story Matters is filled with thoughtful questions and helpful tips to get you started – and if you need a little more inspiration, check out Build An Ebenezer.
19. LEAVE A THANK YOU NOTE
Thank your mail carrier, garbage collectors, health care professionals, or neighbors. Looking for a little gratitude kickstart? Download Discovering Gratitude. Our Appreciation flat cards are an easy way to express your gratitude.
20. INVITE A FRIEND...
...to be your Gratitude Buddy.
Author Kara Tippetts wrote, “Gratitude protects our hearts in the midst of suffering.” Link arms with a friend and text, message, or email each other one thing (or more!) you’re grateful for each day. Need a little inspiration? Start with A Grateful Heart and 10,000 Reasons.
Dust off your grace gifts and let us know what you love to do and how you’d like to be involved – one-time or ongoing – from the comfort of your own home. Not sure how to get involved? Connect with Us! Tell us what you love to do, and we’ll brainstorm with you!
Host an in-person or virtual gathering of friends, neighbors, co-workers, your sports team, or small group, and:
- #StepRepPray – Run, walk, climb, bike, dance, swim, jump rope, or hula hoop in someone’s honor or for someone who can’t – then let them know.
- Write #PenToPaper notes for those who need a little encouragement in your community or for the growing Chronic Joy community.
- Knit or crochet prayer shawls, face cloths, or bookmarks for our Kindness Boxes.
- Help us build Kindness Boxes. Invite participants to donate lotions, chocolates, candles, notepads, pens, and other small items to add to our Kindness Boxes
- $6 – one fun-filled envelope for one precious Little
- $12 – exciting and engaging activity sheets
- $50 – shareable stickers for our Littles and their friends
24. PASS IT ON
- Do you know of a great book, blog, or podcast? Let us know!
- Do you know the parents or grandparents of a child, tween, or teen diagnosed with chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability? Let them know about our #PenToPaper program. (Sign up for You Get Mail! Safe, secure, and free for all participants!)
YOU are our why, the reason we do what we do. We are always #BetterTogether!
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you. (Colossians 1:3)
In kindness [God] takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change. (Romans 2:4)
Together, we are learning to live a life of celebration amid this unexpected journey through chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
To love without labels we must take the time to talk to others and ask questions. Search for that deep treasure within the one who is hurting and longing for a touch of kindness and fellowship.
In kintsugi, the bowl’s brokenness becomes its beauty. Like this art form, God restores our brokenness through the crimson blood of Jesus.
Order a supply of Chronic Joy’s bookmarks and:
- Tuck them into Little Free Library books in your town or neighborhood
- Slip them into library books ready to be returned
- Include them in #PenToPaper notes, cards, or letters
- Use them as decorative gift toppers
- Gift them to each member of your book club in honor of World Read Aloud Day (February 3), International Book Giving Day (February 14), or International Literacy Day (September 8)
- Give them to your small group
- Surprise your neighbors or co-workers with bookmarks on World Kindness Day (November 13)
- Include them in retreat or conference swag bags
- Give them as thoughtful momentos to your church members for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day
- Use them as decorative place setting gifts at your next holiday gathering
Want to make a difference on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Pinterest? Do you have a half-an-hour a week? Get Involved! #PassItOn! Share a few of your favorite Chronic Joy posts each week and make a difference for those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
SPONSOR A LITTLE SONSHINE!
Sponsor a year of encouraging and engaging #PenToPaper mailings for a child, tween, or teen affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, or disability, and infuse a bright ray hope and dark and difficult days.
START A SMALL GROUP
So many in the chronic illness community feel a deep sense of isolation and loneliness. We’re here to equip leaders to foster relationships, build community, and guide small groups for those impacted by chronic illness. LEARN MORE.
When you pray, serve, create, or give to Chronic Joy, you speak hope and life to hearts around the world affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability. LEARN MORE.
Hover over an image for a brief description.