Chronic Joy Friend–Raising
Cultivate. Strengthen. Build. It’s all about relationship.
Friend-Raising starts with story – with our why – why we give, serve, pray, and invest our time, talents, and resources in the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy®. And the best part? You only need a few good friends to start!
ABOUT CHRONIC JOY®
As a global resource ministry dedicated to compassionately serving all those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability, we are committed to our core values:
Raising awareness about chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers, highlighting the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life – faith, family, finances, friendships, education, hobbies, employment, and marriage.
Prayer, service, creativity, movement, and generosity are hallmarks of cultivating community, a slow and intentional work that takes time and courage. There are vital opportunities for you to join in the movement and growth of Chronic Joy.
Providing faith-based educational materials through:
- Resources for chronic illness, mental illness, and caregivers, parents, children, teens, young adults, leaders, and churches.
- More than 100 webpages filled with faith-based, thoughtfully developed, and deeply meaningful content.
- A comprehensive and growing library of curated books.
- 200+ audio blogs and counting.
- Chronic Joy Study Series designed specifically for those affected by chronic illness.
- 70+ free printables with more great content on the way!
- An extensive collection of free, high-res, faith-based images available for immediate download.
- A dozen guest posts every month bursting with encouraging, hope-filled, and inspirational stories.
Prayer is the heart beat of Chronic Joy®.
A MINISTRY OF CONNECTION
Friend-Raising is the important work of developing a community of people who are excited about the important work of Chronic Joy®. At its core, friend-raising is all about relationship and it begins with story – our why – why we give, serve, pray, and invest in the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy®.
At Chronic Joy®, want each donor to feel valued, invited, cared about, and heard, so that as we engage with each other, we also strengthen one another, building together toward God’s future for Chronic Joy®.
WHERE DO WE BEGIN?
Friend-Raising begins with genuine, compassionate human connection, and the best part is you only need a few good friends to start!
Friends listen, encourage, and enrich us. They show up and get involved, introduce us to new people, places, things, and ideas, and they’re interested in who we are, what we do, and why.
FRIEND-RAISING QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
- Who in your family would be excited to learn what you love most about Chronic Joy®?
- Do you have a friend or loved one who might be grateful to learn about our comprehensive resources?
- Do you know a neighbor who is caring for a chronically ill child, spouse, or aging parent?
- Would your small group, team, or club enjoy volunteering together?
- Have you ever considered hosting a fundraiser for your social media friends?
- Does your company offer a corporate matching program?
- Do your friends or co-workers know about our easy, no cost ways to donate through AmazonSmile, Thrivent Choice Dollars, or Thrivent Action Teams?
- Did you know Chronic Joy® offers celebrate, honor and memorial gifts?
HOW TO CONNECT IN THREE EASY STEPS
- Invite three friends to learn your why.
- Tell them what most excites you about Chronic Joy®. Share how you discovered the ministry, and your favorite program or go-to resource.
- Listen, love, and pray. Then connect.
Did you know the number one reason people give and get involved is because we ask?
Extend the invitation then bravely share your why.
CHOOSE AN OPTION THAT BEST FITS YOU
I’d like to introduce you to Chronic Joy. As a global resource ministry, they are dedicated to compassionately serving all those affected by chronic illness, mental illness, chronic pain, and disability.
Chronic Joy is a blessing to me because …
You can visit their website: chronic-joy.org.
Also, for a quick snapshot about take a look at any of these:
Let’s talk soon so I share even more about why I’m so excited about Chronic Joy.
(Copy and paste the above, then make it your own.)
Simply print out stationery and write a personal note introducing Chronic Joy. Consider including additional print resources.
REQUEST INTRODUCTION PACKETS
SIX P’s OF FRIEND-RAISING
Friend-raising is all about relationship – one precious person, one relationship, one prayer, one step at a time.
- Prayer – “Prayer is the bridge between my unconscious and conscious self. Prayer connects my mind with my heart, my will with my passions, my brain with my belly. Prayer is the way to let the life-giving Spirit of God penetrate all the corners of my being. Prayer is the divine instrument of my wholeness, unity and inner peace.” Henri J.M. Nouwen
- Passion – People are drawn to something that you are passionate about. Author E.M. Forrester wrote, “One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested.”
- Purpose – Nineteenth-century activist Dorathea Dix once said, “In a world where there is so much to be done, I felt strongly impressed that there must be something for me to do.”
- Plan – “Prayer is action is love, and love in action is service. Try to give unconditionally whatever a person needs in the moment. The point is to do something, however small, and show you care through your actions by giving your time.” Mother Teresa
- Praise – “It’s one thing to be grateful. It’s another to give thanks. Gratitude is what you feel. Thanksgiving is what you do.” Tim Keller
- Polite Persistence – “Friendship is one of the greatest gifts a human being can receive. It is a bond beyond common goals, common interests, or common histories. … Friendship is being with the other in joy and sorrow, even when we cannot increase the joy or decrease the sorrow. It is a unity of souls that gives nobility and sincerity to love. Friendship makes all of life shine brightly.” Henri J.M. Nouwen
Sometimes intentional kindness begins without much thought. It’s just a risk and reaction in the moment. Then comes the doubt, the fear. Can I really radiate kindness? But without the risk, there is little hope that the hunger for friendship and connection will ever be filled. But with it we radiate love.
How about deliberate acts of kindness? In other words, you set out into your day determined to show kindness to others in every way you can.
We never know how a small act of kindness can have ripple effects. Both random and intentional acts of kindness are much needed.
At its core, friend-raising is all about relationship and it begins with story – our why - why we give, serve, pray, and invest in the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy.
STEP INTO FRIEND-RAISING WITH SERVICE IN A BOX
Simply and creatively serve. Everything you need in one box!
Want to brighten someone’s day? Encourage a weary caregiver? Inspire a teen or young adult? Share a loved one’s burden? Remind a lonely older adult that they are not forgotten? Lift a healthcare worker’s spirits? Or make a server’s day with a little bit of kindness?