Service in a Box
Simply and creatively serve. Everything you need in one box!
When chronic illness makes serving in traditional or familiar ways difficult, Service in a Box is everything you need to simply and creatively serve one another in love in new ways.
Want to brighten someone’s day? Encourage a weary caregiver? Inspire a teen or young adult? Share a loved one’s burden? Remind a lonely older adult that they are not forgotten? Lift a healthcare worker’s spirits? Or make a server’s day with a little bit of kindness?
Start with Service in a Box!
Service in a Box is everything you need to encourage, strengthen, inspire, and serve one another in love. Inside you’ll find:
- Beautiful, blank-back Flat Cards
- Professionally-printed Resource Guides
- #PenToPaper Getting Started Guide
- Service in a Box Guide
- #PenToPaper Note Starter
HOW SERVICE IN A BOX WORKS
ONE TO WRITE AND ONE TO GIVE
Letter-writing is a vital and life-giving ministry not only for the recipient, but to the writer as well. Each Service in a Box contains flat cards and professionally printed guides, so you can encourage those on your heart.
On hard days, writing a note might require our brave intentionality, but it is a gift to the one who receives it. That one small act carries love that can change the trajectory of someone’s day, brightening both theirs and yours!
Place these three beautiful and inspiring gifts in one envelope: your thoughtful note and an encouraging guide. Pray for the recipient and drop in the mail. (One stamp is all it takes.)
HOW ABOUT SENDING SERVICE IN A BOX AS A GIFT WITH A PERSONAL NOTE?
(Sample note) May you be blessed as you send these little packets of encouragement to friends and family. It lifts the spirits and brightens a day to discover old-school mail in the mailbox.
BUILDING YOUR OWN SERVICE IN A BOX
A PLACE TO BEGIN
- ENCOURAGE A FRIEND who is struggling with anxiety or depression with Verses to Comfort & Encourage or Anxiety Exercises.
- REMEMBER A NEIGHBOR who is lonely or isolated by including Joy is a Gift or Prayer Is.
- STRENGTHEN A TEEN OR YOUNG ADULT as they navigate the tricky waters of independence with chronic illness by including Story Matters or You Are.
- SEND A LITTLE LOVE TO YOUR FAVORITE GRAND-LITTLES with one of our free coloring pages.
- LIFT A WEARY CAREGIVER’S SPIRITS with a few kind words. Include 13 Verses to Lean Into or Build an Ebenezer.
- THANK A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR FRONTLINE WORKER and share 33 Biblical “One Anothers” or Writing a Psalm of Lament.
- INTRODUCE A FRIEND OR LOVED ONE TO CHRONIC JOY. Tuck Who We Are & What We Do or Our Programs into the envelope.
- EXTEND A FRIEND-RAISING INVITATION. Introduce your friend or loved one to the ministry of Chronic Joy. Tuck in #PenToPaper and #PenToPaper Note Starters or Creative Ways to Serve and Creative Ways to Connect in Community.
A FEW MORE IDEAS
- DREAM WITH A FRIEND. Include Building Your Bucket List or Build an Ebenezer and have fun building together!
- DOES SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAVE A PASSION FOR WRITING? Work through Story Matters, Allegory, or Metaphor.
- INVEST IN THE HEARTS OF YOUNG ADULTS with 50 Prayer Journaling Prompts or #ConnectByText.
- IS THERE A RELATIONSHIP THAT NEEDS MENDING? Begin with Ministry of Reconciliation.
- NEED A LITTLE FITNESS ACCOUNTABILITY OR ENCOURAGEMENT? #StepRepPray is the perfect way to step in with a friend far or near.
- SHARE A COMPASSIONATE GRIEF RESOURCE like Writing a Psalm of Lament or Suffering & Joy.
- HOW ABOUT GUIDES FOR A SMALL GROUPS? Include our Prayer Prompt Guide, Prayer of Examen, Lectio Divina, or Praying the Psalms.
- WANT TO SHARE A PERSPECTIVE SHIFT? Our Holy Attention 1 and Holy Attention 2 offer inspiring and easily accessible activities.
- PRAY FOR YOUR PASTOR and church leaders, and let them know. Include Suffering & Joy or 52 Questions of Jesus.
CHOOSE FROM OUR SERVICE IN A BOX OPTIONS
Resources, tips, and tools to encourage and inspire everyone affected by chronic illness. There are more than 100 beautifully-designed FREE printables, with more coming regularly. Stop by and download a little hope today -- and be sure to check back often to see what's new!