DID YOU KNOW?
Chronic Joy Ministry offers a awareness materials for mental illness, which highlight the significant impact of illness on every aspect of life -marriage, family, faith, finances, friendships, education, hobbies and work.
FREE printable Mental Illness Awareness Fact Sheet creates awareness, grows knowledge and supports education in a quick and easy format with those in your sphere of influence – friends, family, churches, small group communities, co-workers and neighbors.
The DID YOU KNOW? Awareness Campaign features weekly images across our social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and even Linkedin. LIKE or FOLLOW Chronic Joy to see us in your feed, then like and share the images to increase awareness.
Begin the conversation with the question, DID YOU KNOW?
And you will be changing the landscape for the almost 44 million people — 1 in 5 who live with mental illness, because the statistics show there are far more people than most realize.
Together, as we raise awareness, let’s also remember that while mental illness is hard, there is hope.
There is always hope.
Mental Illness Awareness and Facts
- Mental Illness impacts 1 in 5 adults. Reportedly, 8 million adults will experience mental illness this year. 
- Nearly 1 in 25 adults live with a serious mental illness. 
- 66% of those living with serious mental illness do not receive treatment. 
- 50% of all chronic mental illness begins by the age of 14. 
- 75% of all chronic mental illness begins by the age of 24. 
- For many, chronic physical and mental illness go hand-in-hand.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental illness. 
- 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14 and 75% by age 24. 
- 70% of youth in state and local juvenile justice systems have a mental illness. 
 2002 US Census Bureau