When you are responsible for another person’s physical needs, your own needs are often neglected. After caring for her spouse, who for ten years suffered from a rare, debilitating disease, Kay Marshall Strom is able to bring a voice of experience and compassion to this important topic. She shows you how to:
- find spiritual support
- maintain balanced relationships
- decide when caregiving at home is no longer possible
- work out your financial situation
- understand the impact of long-term caregiving on the whole family
- deal with your personal losses
Whether you are caring for an elderly parent, a spouse, an adult child or another family member or close friend, Strom’s stories drawn from her own and others’ experiences will encourage and comfort you. And her practical ideas for how to meet your own needs for energy, patience, strength, wisdom, peace and creativity will carry you through many difficult days.